Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bedtime Snuggles

So as I was snuggling Landon to go to bed I asked him if I was a good mom. He said yes sometimes. I and asked him why I was a good mom. He told me because I make him good food. Then I asked him what else. And he said because I am a good nurse. I asked him like nursing Tannen, and he said no, like taking care of him. Thanks to Tiffani working Landon and I had a long discussion on what nurses do. So I take good care of him when he isn't feeling good. Then I asked him when wasn't I a good mom. He said when I give him choices that he doesn't like. I thought our conversation was pretty cute, and I liked the insight I got into his 6 year old brain.

At the end of our conversation he told me he was almost to 2nd Nephi. We pulled out the Book of Mormon, and sure enough he is on page 40. It was 9:00 so I told him no reading and he said he reads every night. So I relented and told him he could read for 30 minutes and then he needed to go to bed. He is working towards a milkshake, and the Bible. I told him when I was a kid I was promised a milkshake everytime I read the Book of Mormon, and that I would do the same. It worked for me - I finished it by the time I was nine. Plus he really wants the Bible so I told him once he reads the Book of Mormon I would buy him a Bible. He also thought he should get a milkshake after reading each Book in the Book of Mormon. At least he is persistant and knows what he wants.

1 comment:

Stacy Risenmay said...

That is so awesome!!!