Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Monday, August 9, 2010

She's coming!!

A couple of weeks ago I went in for my Dr. appointment and he was checking me for the first time to see her position and if I was dilated (which I wasn't). He said the words I was so worried about hearing. She is breech. I thought nooo I don't want a C-section. I have kids starting school and I have to be up and going and don't have time to recover from surgery. I felt like I was just going to squeeze by with a vaginal birth. She is due the 16th and school starts the 18th. He took me into the ultrasound and checked her position. He head was actually down by my left hip and bum by my right ribs but her foot was sitting in the pelvic. She was transverse, and according to my doctor not able to deliver her vaginally. He said to wait and see what she would do the next week. I also told him all my babies were always a little sideways but that they turned head down as I progressed. I think the biggest problem was the foot. He told me he thought he could move her head down and then break my water if she didn't move on her own.

The next week we went in and he checked me with an ultrasound right off and she was head down and was just in the position we needed. Whew I was relieved. Of course there was a part of me that wanted to go that early if he could move her head and it would all work out.

I went in last week on Friday to be checked again and I am happy to report I am dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. I also asked him if he would induce me. The week seemed really full at the hospital but they were able to schedule me in for this Thursday. As long as they don't have a million ladies go into labor.

Yesterday I thought I was going into labor. I contracted for two hours and it didn't matter if I was laying down or walking or anything. But then they all just stopped. So here I am waiting for Thursday to come (only three more days). And it would be just great if she came sooner too. Thursday gives me 1 week before Landon starts school, and two for Kylie (kindergarten starts a week later).

2 comments:

Jess said...

We're excited for you! Good luck!

Carol said...

Yeah, I am super excited for you. I hope everything goes perfectly and that you heal fast. you are in my prayers. love you and cant wait to meet you new addition. hugs and kisses.