Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Friday, May 28, 2010

Awards, Games,Marriage, Molars, and Sugar

Landon's school year is winding down. Next week is the last week of school. He is very excited to be done. And I am excited to not have to drag him out of bed every morning. Last night they had an Awards Ceremony and Landon received the Excellence in Reading award. We are very proud of him. He has been off the charts on his reading and at the top of his class all year long. Good job Landon.

Marcus just started up softball season. His work put together a team for city league and they played their first game last night. He did great as always. He plays left field and both times he hit he made it home. I love watching him play and thinking to myself, "That's my husband". He is a great ball player. I will have to get pictures of him posted sometime.

Kylie and I had a very cute conversation yesterday and this is how it went:

Kylie: Mom do you think I am going to marry Alden?
Wendi: I don't know, do you want to marry him?
Kylie: No, I am going to marry Avery.
Wendi: How come you want to marry Avery.
Kylie: Because he looks so handsome.
Wendi: Is he nice?
Kylie: Yes he is very nice. He doesn't hit and he is always good in Primary. Plus he is almost as handsome as daddy.

I hope she always measures up the boys to her daddy. How could she ever go wrong.

Tannen has been working on cutting three molars. And let me tell you he has been cranky and has not been sleeping well at all. But last night he slept through the night again. I felt so good when I woke up. I am sure he will get up tonight, but I will take any chance I can get to sleep good.

Lastly I have been feeling wonderful since I have gone off sugar. I wasn't sure if I wanted it to work or not, because I really like treats. But I feel so good I am not even tempted or crave sugar anymore. Yay!! I have 12 more weeks to go. Which feels really crazy and that it is coming up fast.

1 comment:

Parrylarious said...

Yeah for Landon! Yeah for Marcus! Yeah for sleeping through the night! Yeah for 12 more weeks! Sugar is a killer.....why do we eat so much of it? Yeah that you are feeling better!