Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Monday, May 24, 2010

Today is a New Day

So I am feeling very motivated this week. I am hoping and praying I can do better. Maybe my house will stay clean longer then the one day once a week that I can manage to get it clean. I do have to say in my defense that this pregnancy and hypoglycemia has derailed me.

About three weeks ago it dawned on me that feeling faint and dizzy and laying on the couch every morning for about 2-3 hours so I wouldn't black out was not normal. I remember feeling similar with Tannen's pregnancy but not everyday. So I called my Dr. and he told me I probably was just hypoglycemic - just the opposite of diabetes with low blood sugar instead of high. It really only happened in the morning, but it was all morning, so he told me to eat right before I went to bed and at night when I woke up. I have been doing good eating at night and then early in the morning or first thing in the morning I have been drinking juice to help my shaking. I have to say with this pregnancy and Tannen's I kind of hate eating. I hate that instead of my stomach growling I get shaky, and feel sick.

I have been doing lots better. I no longer want to faint but still get tired and most mornings still need to take a break on the couch. Hence why my house has suffered because I find most of my motivation to clean in the morning. I had my appointment last Friday and talked to my doctor more about it. He said I should eat the simple sugars when I am shaky and then I need to eat complex sugars, like a bowl of pasta for dinner. I am going to try harder this week for that. He also mentioned that sometimes my sugar goes really low because I had too much sugar earlier and it was trying to compensate for it. Surprise to me because I thought I should be eating more sugar (dang it). So this week I am also committing my self to no treats and see if it evens me out more. I have done it before so I am sure it won't be too painful.

So here's to a better week. And I am for sure going to actually fold all of my laundry that I wash today, instead of letting it sit in the laundry baskets clean until the next laundry day. And I am going to keep up on dishes every night instead of the next morning, and maybe lock my busy boy Tannen out of the bathrooms so that I can clean them and they will stay clean.

3 comments:

Parrylarious said...

Didn't know that you were hypoglycemic (did I spell it right)? I am convinced that NOTHING good comes from sugar.....so why does it have to taste so good????

Good luck with the food, the laundry, the dishes.....oh and keeping Tannen out of the bathrooms. (hee hee, what a cute little stinker)

Laurel said...

Hope you feel better, and are able to keep up with everything. I have to say, that I am not jealous! I am so glad that I am done being pregnant!

Mitch n' Molly said...

Congrats with your pregnancy! I hope you continue to do well off sugar! You have incredible will power! When is your due date?