Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Giggles and Falls

So Aria just giggled at us for the first time today. She is so adorable. I love it and it was my favorite part of the day.

On to other news. My life wouldn't be complete without each child of mine to fall and need x-rays. So last Tuesday Kylie and Tannen were in the boys room playing. I was in the front room with Aria pacing because yes you guessed it she was crying. I heard Kylie say Mom I need your help. So I went in. I saw Tannen on the floor trying to stand up to me and crying when I walked in. I panicked and picked him up. After getting the story from Kylie with both my babies crying I found out he climbed up the changing table and crawled onto the dresser and jumped off. I had Kylie run over to two neighbors houses but they didn't answer the door. I called the doctors office and they told me they could get me in in five minutes. I called Marcus and asked him to meet me at the pediatricians office. I knew I couldn't take care of three of the kids by myself, and I needed emotional support.

We got there and right in. Our Dr. came in and joking asked who was in charge of these kids. I was so torn between wanting to cry, and just going along and joking with him. So I joked with him. It really reminded me of my mom when she would use humor growing up to help in a hard situation. I still remember when I was nine and fell on a pipe while sledding, and had to get nine stitches in my leg. My mom was with me and while they were giving me shots in and around the cut she was making faces at me making me laugh and cry at the same time. So thanks mom for letting me see the humor in life. He felt both of Tannen's legs and said that he would need to have x-rays on both of them. We went to Radiology and waited. Marcus went in with him and I hung out with the girls. They took tons of pictures and I could hear him cry the whole time.

While I was sitting there it took me back to Kylie. When she was 20 months old she fell off one of our chairs climbing up to Marcus. The metal chair landed on her finger and ended up shattering the tip of it and ripping off her nail. I was told she could end up losing the whole tip of her finger. It was tramatizing for me. But with a blessing and a good surgeon her finger and nail are fine now. (It is just slightly pointed and the nail looks like it it missing just a small part.) Then I remembered when Landon was about 4 and he fell off the counter/refrigerator and smashed he teeth in and the roots punctured his gum's and we had to hurry into the dentist.

Anyways after the radiologist we went back to the doctor. He said on his right foot right by his large toe a bone looked like it could be slightly off and bowed up. And on the left leg on his long bone there was a dark line in the scan. But he couldn't tell for sure if they were broken or not. But the treatment would be the same. Shoes on all the time he walked, and Tylenol and Motrin. So that is what we have been doing. He cried all day and wouldn't walk. I think half the time he cried because he couldn't walk. Then by that evening he limped around. He is still limping around, and a little more grouchy but who can blame him. He did come home and take a three hour nap after. We got Kylie to school late and I took a nap too. I was just so emotionally wiped out. And no it hasn't done anything for his taste for climbing up stuff. He still does. So now I guess I will just wait and see what Aria has in store for me.

1 comment:

Candice Buck Durfee said...

Scary! I hope he heals up good. Seriously, I need to call you.