Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Perfectionist? Who Knew

I love Family Home Evenings. My kids love it and it is a great time to be together and talk about everything from manners to Jesus. This week being close to Christmas we had a lesson on giving a gift to Jesus by being nice to others. We decided to draw names and try extra hard to be nice to that family member. It is a secret and then we will tell who we had next week. Odd thing is I ended up with Marcus. As I started to think on what I could do I was actually really puzzled. I fold his clothes cook dinner etc. and am a fabulous wife ;o). I was thinking if I got one of the kids I could help them with chores more, cleaning rooms making beds and the other things that they are in charge of doing. But with Marcus I am practically in charge of running this house. If I need help with something he is always willing but it seems that it is my job to keep us up and going.

As I was thinking about it I was surprised to relalize that I have already given my family all of me. I do the cooking the cleaning, get the homework done, the chores policed, volunteer every Friday in both of the classrooms, all the shopping, groceries and christmas, and birthdays, get up at night with the baby, feed her rock her, wipe boogers and tears and bums, make homemade bread, pay the bills, and anything else that needs to get done. When I need a break and time to myself Marcus is always willing to pick up the pieces and keep us moving. He is there for me when I fall apart, when I need extra arms, more sleep and a listening ear. It takes both of us to take care of this family.

I have always had a philosophy in life that I have always wanted to live with no regrets. I wanted to look back on my life and know that I did the best that I had with the circumstances I was given. If something was wrong in my life or my child's it wasn't from the lack of effort on my part. In school I always wanted A's. I suppose I want the same in life knowing I gave it my 100 and 10 percent. I never thought I was a perfectionist. I am a fast cleaner, really only caring if it looks clean to me. Many times just doing things and being done because it was good enough. I remember growing up and cleaning the way mom told you to. She was the perfectionist. And as an adult doing it different. I don't get on my hands and knees to mop. The bathroom isn't scrubbed down with ajax every week. But I suppose I must be a perfectionist when I look at my approach to life. I want the 850 credit score someday, being in the 800's isn't enough. I want the right cash reserves the debts gone, and a happy balanced life.

But I suppose I shall come back down to my life and for this week give Marcus a back rub, knowing I have given my family everything else I have.

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

You rock Wendi! What a fun idea too, I will definately be doing that. :)

Parrylarious said...

Marcus is a lucky and HAPPY man to be married to you.