Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Growing Up

Tannen has been taking off his diaper and peeing on the floor. It is driving me nuts, and I am not sure if I should try and potty train him or not. He still seems so little. But I have offered to let him sit on the toilet if he wants to and go potty. Well just today he peed on the floor twice, and he was about to take off his diaper and do it again when I offered him to sit on the toilet. He smiled the whole time but never went pee. So I put his diaper on and sent him on his way. He then started to take off his diaper again. I asked if he wanted to sit on the toilet and he nodded, so I put him on again. I don't think that he was relaxing enough so I asked him if he wanted to stand up and pee like Landon. He nodded his head, but nothing came out. So I grabbed Landon (he is home sick today) and told him to show Tannen how to pee standing up. So he did, and then magically Tannen peed in the toilet. So maybe I should reevaluate potty training Tannen. He obviously knows when he needs to pee, but maybe it is only fun right now and he will change his mind.

Aria keeps practicing walking, and she is getting better. I think it will take her at least a month for her to really figure it out. But she has been standing up all by herself. She has been able to do this for about two weeks, but now she is getting pretty good at it.

Yesterday everyone stayed home. Four of us had been throwing up, and no one felt good at all. I think we are starting to feel better. Marcus when to work today. But it was miserable yesterday. Marcus and I both felt really sick. It is hard to take care of your family when no one feels good. We watched a lot of Netflix, and the kids played on the Wii too. Our house is TRASHED!! Hopefully I can start to get it put back together. We are still waiting to close on our house. It is taking longer and hoped for, and I am pretty frustrated, but not a whole lot that I can do.

1 comment:

Jokae said...

I say let him try if he'll do, but don't stress about if he's little. Doing in the toilet for fun is better than peeing on the floor. And who knows, you may get lucky and he'll pick it up and be done. : )