Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potty Training

Week One down for potty training Tannen. And what an eventful week it has been. I really don't like potty training, but I really don't know who does. We started on the third. I had quite a time trying to convince him that we were all done with diapers. But finally he was put into the underwear and was fine with it. The first day was about half the time getting it on the toilet and half the time missing. It has stayed about the same the whole week. But now he really knows when he needs to go. We have yet been able to get him to do a #2 on the pot. Usually I try and take him every hour, and he is able to squeeze out something to make me satisfied.

But today was almost comical. He just peed his pants and after he does that I take him into the bathroom to see if he needs to go anymore. Well I sat him on the toilet (his preferred way of going) and told him he needed to pee on the toilet. So he gave me a small tinkle. Then he gave me three more tinkles (really they need to be called tinkles because they were so small). Then he decided to stand up and turned around and lifted the toilet seat, and said something about daddy. I decided to start count how many times he would pee. I reached 10 and was amazed at how many times he could pee/tinkle. Especially since he just peed his pants. Then we hit 20 times he would tinkle in the toilet and was astounded that he carried that much pee in him, and kept asking him if he had anymore pee in him. We finally hit 28 times and he had decided he was all peed out!! 28 times can you believe it?? He washed his hands and I told him to get some new underwear. He told me that he peed on the floor in his room. And then when I was chasing him down to get said underwear on he said he peed on the floor in the front room. (Yes he really did tinkle a little on the floor.) I finally got his underwear on and he said he peed again in his underwear. I could see a small damp spot on it. And in the time it as taken me to type this he went on our deck and peed there as well.

If you're counting that would be 32 times!! I'm afraid we just aren't going to run out of pee anytime soon.

No comments: