Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Marcus is 35

I planned Marcus' birthday a month before it came.  I called up his brother Matthew and asked him to show up and golf with Marcus in the morning.  He set up the tee time and let me know when he was going to get here.  I told Marcus that he needed to get the day off and that he was going to have a surprise for his birthday, and not to worry because he was going to love it.  I told him he was going to have to be ready to walk out the door at 6:30 in the morning.  He asked if I was going to get up and get ready too.  I said sure, hoping to confuse him what his surprise was.  He thought that I was going with him, and we got a babysitter for the kids.  Marcus had no clue what was going on.  Matt came, and Marcus was still getting ready.  I asked him if he was ready to find out what he was doing.  So he walked down the hall to our family room and Matt was sitting on the couch waiting for him.  Marcus was very surprised and happy to go golfing for the day.  I was delighted to arrange something for Marcus for his birthday.  Even as an adult it is fun to be fussed over and loved.

No comments: