Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Made With Love

As a kid my dad had a couple of meals that he would cook for us.  (Most of the time my mom did all the cooking until we moved to Pocatello, and then we started taking a night of the week to cook.)  My dad had Saturdays.  Anyways one of the meals he made were 'hats'.  I don't know the real name of them but you just butter up a piece of bread, cut a hole out of the middle and crack an egg in the middle.  After they were all done you would place the piece you cut out on top of the toast and egg and that was it's hat.  Hence why they were christened Hats. 

I decided to cook these babies up for my kids, and have heart shaped cookie cutters.  I told them how Grandpa used to cook these for us when we were kids.  They thought it sounded so fun.  But they didn't love the egg part, and pretty much just ate around it.  There is no pleasing everyone.  But I loved them.

No comments: