Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Goodbye Idaho

Marcus finally got a job offer a couple of weeks ago. We have decided to take it and will have to leave the state. Pretty sad, we had really gotten attached over here, after almost 8 years. But I suppose it is time to move on. Besides you gotta have a job to survive. We will be moving in a week. The day after Christmas. It has been very stressful trying to get everything ready. We had to paint the kids' bedrooms, which was really sad for them. They are now white.

There is a lot of little things to do to get our house ready to sell. I am sure we can get everything ready and packed. Marcus is wonderful to work so darn hard on it. I have been trying to do all of the 'bookish' stuff, find an apartment, get a moving truck, cancel phone service, find a new doctor etc. I am doing pretty good. I think I do fine letting go, and looking forward to a new adventure. But sometimes the kids pull my heartstrings because they are having a very difficult time. We had to go to the dump and get rid our our crap. We also replaced the closet doors and Landon saw his orange doors get put in the dump, and totally lost it.

3 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

Wow, I do not handle moving well. I would be the on falling apart!
Where are you going?

Wendi said...

For the purpose of privacy on the internet we are going where Tiffani lives. About an hour and 45 minutes from my parents.

Laurel said...

How sad! We went through a lot of the same things last June when we moved. My girls were really sad to leave friends and the school. They love it here now though, so I bet your kids will feel the same eventually.