Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I love my Toilet

Having something taken from you really makes you appreciate what you had in the first place.

On Saturday Marcus ripped up the linoleum out of our bathroom to replace. Right by the bath and toilet it was coming up anyways, and we were getting black mold. So we figured it was time to replace it. We got it all ripped up, and I scrubed the mold with bleach and got it removed. We let it dry all evening Saturday, and all day Sunday. Then Monday morning we got Landon to school and went out to buy the new linoleum. Marcus had to remove the toilet to lay down the new linoleum. So he let me and Kylie have our last chance and then he took it out. I don't know if it is because I am pregnant, or what, but it seems that just because you know you can't go to the bathroom really makes you need to go to the bathroom. Marcus did awesome, and needless to say two trips to Albertson to pee, and one Landon peeing in the backyard, Marcus got the toilet put back on in a couple of hours. I am so happy to have my toilet back. I can't imagine being pregnant way back when, and have to walk thru the cold every hour to get to the outhouse. And in the middle of the night a few times too.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I'll bet that's what chamber pots were invented for.

Heather said...

Wouldn't it be awful to have to do that? That's probably the only thing I hate about camping =0)

Millers said...

Sounds fun. I am glad everything is up and working again.