Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Monday, August 17, 2009

Moving!

Life seems so busy. We have had a wonderful summer, and are getting ready to start school for Landon next week. I think that we are going to try and move places this week. But not sure as Marcus won't commit to anything yet. Either this week or next. We found a town house that we are going to rent. It is just a few miles from where we are living but it is bigger - not much but has a two car garage that is attached. We really need to get our stuff moved out of the parents garage. But we are hoping Marcus' grandpa will let our boat spend the winter in his huge garage again.

The kids have mixed emotions about it. Kylie for the most part is very excited. She is usually pretty good to roll with life and okay with change. Landon on the other hand doesn't want to move houses. We took the kids on Saturday to his new school and let them play on the playground. Then today I took the kids and got Landon registered for school. We got to walk around and find out where the library is and cafeteria. He is still luke warm about moving schools. The new one looks pretty cool. Can you believe they have five 1st grade classes!!! Five - I was really surprised. But it is townhouse land were we are moving so it makes sense.

We will sign on Wednesday and probably get the keys. She is moving out today and doesn't care when we move in since she will be moving states. I would like to have us all situated before school starts next week. In my head it would be easier for Landon if the house is stable and not in boxes or in between houses. We will see what Marcus decides to do. But I am sure I will get my way, because he is good like that.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Good luck with moving. I hate moving so much that I have to say that I am glad it is you and not me. (sorry) When does Landon start school? My girls start on Wednesday.

Tiffani said...

I didn't know you are moving!! What am I dog meat? I just talked to you last Friday...

Candice Buck Durfee said...

Good luck with the move, that sound like a lot of work. I hope Landon transitions okay.