Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving



I don't have pictures from Thanksgiving but aren't these leaves just beautiful for Fall?



This year Thanksgiving was fun - except we didn't eat any turkey on Thanksgiving. It is the Simons turn and Marcus' parents are on a mission in Poland. Hollie decided to host this year, and since Robert had to work on Thanksgiving we had it on Friday. No new story on the Simons side. We have had it on Friday more than on Thanksgiving. Marcus ended up not feeling great that week. We were hoping to stay a couple of days and do some playing. In hosting, Hollie asked everyone to bring their favorite food except me, I was in charge of the rolls requested by Kara and Kimberly. On Thanksgiving day Marcus and I and the kids just hung out and didn't do much at all. It was actually really fun. I made my rolls - they turned out very nice. And then I decided to make pork and steak fajitas with leftover meat. They were A-MAZING!! I told Marcus it made me want to make out with my food. They didn't need cheese. Just a little sour cream. As a side note Marcus and I usually eat the same amount of food. He isn't a big eater, and I can if I want, eat an insane amount of food. But I ate two fajitas, and Marcus ate THREE!! I couldn't believe it. He told me he was making out with his food.

I decided to try out the Black Friday shopping. I stayed up till 10 and went to Walmart. The parking lot was packed. I had to park in a whole different store parking lot that was a block away. I was in and out so fast. I was to my car by 10:20. I made some awesome buys too. I decided to try the video games first, because that was what I really wanted and I figured they would be gone. And I was right. It was a mad house by the games. I got two, and then I hurried to the toys. There wasn't anymore elbowing at the toys, so I was able to just walk around and grab what I wanted and I got everything on my list. Then Friday morning I woke up and hit a couple of other stores, but just at 9:00. There wasn't anything enticing enough that I thought wouldn't be there later in the morning.

Then Marcus and I packed up the kids and headed on over to Hollie's. We had a great time. The food was fabulous and the kids were good. It was so nice just to relax and eat and let the kids play and eat some more. We got to skype with Marilyn and Floyd. And as a side note. Since everyone brought there favorite foods, there wasn't a green vegetable or carrot to be seen.

No comments: