Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our Maiden Voyage




We took our boat out for the first time today. We all had a very good time. I got to learn how to drive a boat. I was pretty nervous, but Marcus kept telling me it was easy. I am starting to get the hang of it, but I still don't want to pull it in and out of the dock. The kids got to each go tubing. I think they both loved it, but Kylie got tired of it faster than Landon. Marcus pulled me in the tube going pretty slow. I had a good time, but am excited to have this baby, and then hopefully next year I can learn how to wake board.

We got Marcus to hop in the tube with Kylie after she was getting a little tired of it, and I ended up dumping them by driving too slow. Who would've thought? Marcus was also able to wake board. He had me do a couple of practice runs on how to drive pulling a wake boarder. The only thing I thought was tricky was how sensitive the knob is when giving it gas to speed up, or pulling it back to slow down. I will have to practice more. At least I got to practice on Marcus, who of course got up on the first try, and never fell off. Over all it was a very fun day.

4 comments:

Parrylarious said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Did Marcus have a perma-grin on his face for the entire day....I can only imagine. I talked to Grant about a boating/golf vacation to Boise next summer and he is already looking for a hotel....just kidding, but he thought that sounded like a blast!!!!

Wendi said...

I think the whole family had perm-a-gins. I was very proud at being able to drive while Marcus wake boarded.

I am really excited for you guys to come next year. Pick a hotel close to us :o)

Carol said...

yeah for you guys! I must say That I am more than a little jealous.
And Do you know what you have done? You aren't going to get rid of the Simons Family in the summer.

Anyway It looks like a lot of fun. Your kids will thank you when you are older, I truly believe playing with your family makes them closer.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Wendi said...

Thanks Carol. I am really hoping we will see more of the Simons family in the summer because of the boat. It sounds funner playing with the family, than just our family.