Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Friday, October 10, 2008

First Snow


Today was the first snow of the season. It started as rain and then turned into snow. The kids thought it was so neat, so they had to run out and play in it. They had a great time, and got very wet.

It was the perfect day for soup, so I cooked Meatball Stew for dinner. It was delicious. I also was in the kitchen all day cooking Salsa. I got 18 pints today. I have just about 40 tomatoes left from my garden that are just a little orange. I am waiting for them to turn red and then I will either make Spaghetti Sauce out of them, or Stewed Tomatoes. Hopefully I can get that done next week. Then I will be done bottling for the season. I really only ended up keeping up with the tomatoes this year and not canning anything else.

No comments: