Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day First Grade


Landon was very happy for the first day


Kylie giving big hugs. All day the first day she said "I think it is time to get Landon."


Landon at the front door

Landon had a great first day of school. Really a great first week. He started August 25th on Tuesday. He had been a real pill for about two weeks before and really rotten the weekend before. I was more than delighted to send him to school. But looking back I think he was really anxious to start a new school, Church class, and move. So he was acting out, but I didn't figure it out till after he started. He is very well behaved and got a the very first sticker in computer class for following the rules. He was very pleased with himself.

We packed him a cold lunch the first day. He also can choose if he wants the hot lunch at school. Today he really wanted the grilled cheese sandwich, so I was more than delighted to not make him a lunch. I told him I remember my dad coming to lunch with me on my birthday and he would sit with me and we would have a hot lunch. When I was little that was the only day I got a hot lunch and I loved it. Landon wants me to come and eat lunch with him. So I am thinking about it on Friday because Marcus gets home early. We might be able to do it once in a while. He gets to ride his bike everyday, and really loves it. I push Kylie and Tannen in my double stroller and we all have a nice little walk to school.

Last week I was still trying to unpack boxes. I have most of them done, but the pictures. I also told Kylie we could start her little preschool with mommy the second week. So we started yesterday. She was delighted to work in her little book, and have mommy sit and help her. So far things have been going good, and Landon has a new friend named Lily. The second day he told me he really wanted to be her friend all day, so at the end of the day when they were getting their backpacks he was being shy but decided to just ask her if she wanted to be his friend. She said yes!!

No comments: