Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I must be be getting old

Yesterday I was taking Landon and Kylie to tumbling. Kylie asked if I could drive without hands. I said no, but I could manage with one hand. Landon then started to tell me about the future. In the future he said cars won't need steering wheels. They will be electric and such. I was fascinated.

So then I was thinking about it and decided to tell the kids that when I was born there weren't cell phones. They were amazed, "How did you talk on the phone?" I told them we had phones but just not cell phones. Then I told them when I was little you didn't have computers at home. Landon caught on and asked if there was email and some other computer games. I told him no. The kids were just blown away with that. Technology is so part of there life they can't imagine it without. I told him we got our first computer when I was in fifth grade and that the screen was just black and yellow. There reactions were classic to me.

Then Landon told me "Well when I am a dad I am going to tell my kids that you used to drive with your hands."

5 comments:

Marcy said...

That's funny!
It's so true though how much technology we have now as compared to when I was growing up. I was 15before we got a microwave or a VCR and married before I had a computer in my home. WOW~ I'M old!!

teresa said...

its funny because even i wonder how we managed to make it without all the technology we have now. how did we communicate without email? too funny!

Rochelle said...

He could be right about not driving with your hands in the future. It is simply amazing how the world has changed in the last 50 years.

Laurel said...

That's funny!

Natalie said...

I am laughing SOOO hard! Did you tell him the first cell phones were humongous?! Times have changed! Seriously, my one year old already knows a thing or two about computers and cell phones! So cute! I loved their reactions!