Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Couldn't Resist




This shot in particular made Marcus laugh. He called it a little puppy dog. He also noticed that all our kids have little ears that poke out. Marcus' lay pretty flat on his head, but I guess mine poke out, so that is where all three of the kids get it from.



Bath time is so much fun!! I popped Tannen in the tub last night in preparation for him to go to sleep. "They" say that babies sleep better if you give them a bath and they are able to relax and play in the water. Hey it seems to work for Tannen. He slept 8 hours straight last night. We have been working really hard the last month on teaching Tannen to go to sleep on his own, and not need mommy to eat or hold him through the night. The progress seemed slow and heartbreaking at first. I pretty much rub his back and give him music but won't pick him up, and then he just cries himself to sleep. But last week we had two nights were he slept all through the night which was about ten hours straight. He is always a delight in the tub and I figured I better get pictures of him. I love bath time pictures.

He has also be getting around really fast crawling now. He can pull up to standing and get just about anything. His favorites are the garbage, kitchen drawers with all of my washcloths and towels, books, movies - though he only likes about ten out and then he leaves it alone, but once I clean those up he hurries and gets some more movies out. He loves the toilet paper in the bathroom - we now just have to leave it shut, and of course electric cords. He loves to pull up on my pant legs when I am standing or the chair when I am sitting and yell at me to pick him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts walking here in the next couple of months. He is getting great with his balance. He can stand on his own for only a few seconds, and then hurries and sits down. He is a complete joy, he is ticklish, and I am completely in love with his giggle. He can clap his hands, and most of the time can do it on cue when you say "yay". Tannen doesn't like baby food much anymore. He is fine if we feed him table food, and delighted if he can feed himself and make a great mess. My little baby is growing right up and I gotta say I love it. I love seeing him learn new things and am excited for the next thing that he will learn to do and get into.

1 comment:

Parrylarious said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!!!