Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lion, Witches, and Jedi OH MY


Landon and his spider cookies - what spider actually has two eyes may I ask


Kylie and her spider cookies

We have had a wonderful Halloween this year. I tried to have fun things during the week. We had a great time. On Wednesday we made spider cookies. The kids had a great time. We also let them make them on Saturday too.

Friday Landon had a school parade and the parents were allowed to wait in the gym and take pictures. Landon was so excited this year to be a Jedi. Rochelle on Monday drove all the way to Downey to meet me there and let me borrow her Jedi robe. Landon was so delighted he wore it everyday until Halloween.


Landon's teacher Mrs. Ballom


Landon in the parade. I wasn't sure if they would let him have his light saber but was pleasantly surprised when he came out with it.

On Thursday we carved pumpkins. We bought three little ones and let them decorate them with markers and then three big ones and carved them. The kids got to pick out what they wanted from a book we have and Marcus free handed them on the pumpkins.


Fun family event


Kylie working in hers. She ended up not liking getting dirty, so I gutted her pumpkin.


Landon had no problem getting all dirty


Landon and his spider


Kylie and her bat. She also colored the outside with markers - hey whatever makes her happy.


All three on the porch lit. My flash is a little bright so they don't really glow - but it was really dark outside.

On Saturday we had a great day. We cleaned up the house so we could play that night. We got Papa Murphy's pumpkin pizza - it was just easier and fun. Then we got the kids all dressed and they went out around 5 that night. It must not be the popular time to go because no one else was out. But the whole family got to go because we weren't worried about missing our trick or treaters. We went to a few townhouses and the kids did pretty good. I didn't want as much as last year at trunk or treat because I ended up throwing out candy after the kids were on sugar highs all day long. Then we came home and cooked our pizza. The kids watched a movie and had a great time having other kids trick or treat at our door. It was the most kids we had since having our old house. I loved it.


Tannen our little Lion - getting his treat.


Isn't he just so cute


Kylie my little witch - she wanted to be something scary this year. Not a princess


Loved the warts and all.


My very serious Obi-Wan Kenobi


Oh wait he cracked a smile


All three of my little monsters


I dressed up as a witch again this year. What can I say - it's fun. Aren't we cute?

Marcus and I stayed up late and watched Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. It was good and I had a great time hanging out with him.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

How fun... isn't Rochelle the best? My kids love doing the spider cookies and pumpkins too...