Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Little Girly Girl


Kylie and her new pink bag. She completely loves that bag.


Pretty daisy earring


She is just cute!!

So the last week or so Kylie has gotten interested in my earrings and starting showing an interest in getting her ears pierced. I started thinking about it. When I was growing up I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 12. Not sure why, the only reason I can maybe think of is that my mom didn't want to keep them clean and didn't think I would be responsible enough for them until I was 12. Or maybe it was just a good rule with five girls in the house. By that time I was dying to get them pierced.

But as I got to thinking I thought I wouldn't use the same rule for Kylie. I think I would limit my daughter on the size of the earring for a while but can't see why she couldn't wear dainty little studs in her ears. Doesn't seem like it is that big of a deal. Plus the more I got to thinking I don't mind helping her clean them and helping her pick out her earrings and get them in her ears. She is my only girl and I love spending time with her doing girly things.

So I told her I didn't mind if she wanted to get them pierced. On Tuesday I told her we could go and look and if she wanted to pierce them I was fine with it. We got Landon from school and headed on over. She watched a girl get her ears pierced but ended up chickening out. Earlier I told her it pinches and then pinched her arm.

Well Wednesday she thought about it all day long and then that night she said she wanted to pierce them. I told her that it was too late but that I would take her tomorrow. So she happily agreed. Every once in a while she would ask how it would feel and hold out her arm, so I would pinch it for her. No reason not to know what you are getting yourself into. We talked about it Thursday morning, and I was pretty worried that she would get one done but not the other. As I was brushing her hair and she would say ouch and put her hands up. I told her that was also like getting her ears pierced. It hurts for a second, but as soon as you stop it doesn't hurt anymore.

Later on Thursday I needed to go grocery shopping so I got her and Tannen ready. She asked if we were going to get her ears pierced and I said sure. So we did. She picked out cute little rainbow daisy ones. She was confident and excited to sit in the chair. The lady did her first ear and Kylie got nervous on the second and scrunched up her shoulders, but held still. She was almost in tears but with the help of a sucker and lots of praise on how well she did and how beautiful they were she was fine. We cleaned them and walked out of the mall. She had her own pink bag with the cleaner in it and was so excited and just dancing with joy. She has had so much fun cleaning them and talking about it since. She has been practicing with my earrings taking them in and out of my ears. I am glad we just went for it and did it. I was so proud of her too. She hates getting hurt, but is a tough little cookie.

So far she has done really well with cleaning them and turning them. It is really fun for her to get everything and sit on the couch with me. But now I have been dealing with Landon and why he can't get his ears pierced. It didn't help that Kylie saw a guy get his ears pierced right before her, and that Landon has seen boys with earrings. I told him my boys weren't allowed to and that when he is 18 he can make his own decision. Marcus told him it was girly. I think he just saw all the attention that Kylie was getting and just wanted some.

As a side note later that evening because I didn't finish my grocery shopping I took the whole family shopping at Maceys at 6:30. We got all the groceries with all the kids with no problems. But when we went out to the car it wouldn't start. I got someone to help but then we couldn't find our jumper cables. They didn't have any either so they offered to run to Walmart and buy some since they needed some anyways. They came back with some and our car still didn't start. We tried someone else's car and jumper cables and it still didn't work. They offered to take Marcus home and get our truck. So they did. I hung out in the store and bought the kids brownies. Marcus was back and we towed the car home. I drove the truck with Tannen and Marcus steered the car with Landon and Kylie. It was pretty crazy. We didn't get home until 9:30 that night. I gotta say those men were so helpful. I told them they earned the good samaritan award. Marcus was able to take out the starter and replace it on Friday. We have replaced that started before and save receipts so it didn't cost us anything. Does get me thinking about replacing cars though.

1 comment:

Carol said...

how fun for her. I bet she is so excited. what a big girl. I love girlie things, its so much fun