Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Inspiration from my Kids

Marcus and I have decided to give the kids each a dollar every two weeks for their allowance - whenever Marcus gets paid. Landon's Grandma Simons paid him for babysitting a few months ago and was thrilled to pay tithing on it. So every Sunday he wants to pay tithing. I figured it would be a great way to show kids how to pay your tithing and also savings. Anyways I gave them a dollar and showed them how to break it into change and pay 10%. Then I told them it was a good idea to save half of the money. So we saved 50 cents in a cup.

Then I pulled out the tithing sheet for them to fill out and send to the bishop. Landon got to looking at all the other things that you can donate to and really wanted to. So he gave money to temple construction and Kylie of course needed to get on board so she paid into the Book of Mormon fund and also Temple construction. I have to say I have never donated money into another fund but Tithing and Fast offerings. So today I turned over a new leaf and donated into the Ward missionary fund. After looking at them give so much of there money to the church I felt very humbled. Kylie only had ten cents after she was done. I love my kids so much and am grateful for the lesson they taught be today. Truly the widow's mite is worth more than the rich man's gold.

No comments: