Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Swim Lessons


Kylie treading water





Landon waiting his turn


Landon swimming out to his teacher and flipping over



Landon's head under swimming back

We did swim lessons for the first time this year. They were every day for two weeks. The kids had a wonderful time learning. I am sold on doing swim lessons because I think my kids will do something that there teacher tells them to do, and getting over their nervousness or fear of it. I was amazed that they ended up swimming without plugging there nose and swimming with their head right in the water. I think I could teach them those skills, just not in two weeks.

I do plan on working with the kids now and I have a list of the names of the things they were learning so we can practice together. Some of the things they learned were hum bubbles, bobs, jellyfish floats, front float, tuck floats, glides, strokes on front and back, and rolling over in the water.

No comments: