Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Coupon Virgin No More

So ever since Heather moved she has be telling me about the really cool way of shopping by using coupons combined with sales and getting killer deals on groceries. But when she was telling me about it she didn't know how I could do it where I was living (now you can). So now that I have moved I can do it. I was waiting for me to have my baby and then get adjusted. Well I have finally been ready to start shopping with coupons. Groceries seem outrageously priced to me here (I miss Winco). Last week I spent a day with Heather and she got me hooked up with her coupons, and signed up to get my own.

I went shopping with my kids yesterday after I picked up Landon from school. Two hours later with two really well behaved kids (I bought them treats), and one hungry baby and mommy this is how I did:


Albertson:
Easy mac $1.50 each (no coupon)
Prego $1.67 each (no coupon)
Taco Dinners $1.50 each (no coupon)
Flatbread Melts $1.50 each (no coupon)
Robin Eggs $.50
Two other bags of Easter candy $2.00 each
Purex Fabric Softener $1.98 each

Total spent: $31.09
Total saved: $35.76


Smiths:
Powerade $.49 each (no coupon)
Fritos $1.49 each (no coupon)
Mini Wheats little bites $.67 each
Kens salad Dressing $.49 each
American Beauty Pasta $.49 each (no coupon)
Colgate Toothpaste $.25 each
Colgate Toothbrush $.25 each
Kotex Pads $1.00 each
Kotex Liner and Tampons $1.25 each

Total Spent: 32.34
Total Saved: $64.34

I think I did better at Smiths, but I had a lot more coupons. If you are interested I have two friends that could help get a newspaper subscription (and get a commission) and teach classes on how it works, or I could let you know too. One in Utah and one in Idaho.

As a side note Landon loved shopping. He thinks I can buy whatever I want now that I have coupons. I love my Landon. Albertson's was the last store, and Tannen was pretty fussy. When I got up to the check out Landon loaded all of my groceries for me on the conveyor belt for me while I was holding Tannen. It was awesome.

4 comments:

Dane said...

Hi! This is Jessica! I've just found all your blogs, so I'm saying hi. What cute kiddies and new little one :) So ps, where do you sign up to get your coupons? The newspaper? Happy shopping!

Parrylarious said...

Good job! Is Marcus so happy to have powerade?

Wendi said...

Actually I don't thing he really cares. But the kids like it.

Wendi said...

Yes you sign up and get just the Sunday Newspaper.