Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Monday, March 30, 2009

Tannen's Blessing


Landon, Marcus, Tannen, and Kylie


Kylie, Wendi, Tannen, and Landon


Kylie, Tannen, and Landon

We blessed Tannen on Sunday. We were able to have a lot of our family come and visit. Grandma Simons bought him the cutest blessing outfit, and made him a beautiful white blanket. We had a huge snow storm and I felt pretty bad about having family travel though it. Marcus gave him a beautiful blessing. My sister wrote down notes of it for me. Since I use this as a journal I will share it.

Marcus blessed him with health and strength. That Tannen will grow to be a righteous son of God. That he would have the spirit and learn the things of God. For him to be an example, and stand in holy places. To listen to his family so they can teach him and that God and his family loves him. To look to his family for guidance.

Family that were able to be in the circle were Great Grandpa Simons, Grandpa Simons, Grandpa David, Brendon, Grant, Christopher, and Matthew.

I really enjoyed the day. We reserved our club house since we are in an apartment and can't fit 40 people in here. But they ended up double booking it. I was quite upset, and was glad Marcus was there to deal with it. We waited about a half and hour and the other group cleared out and we were able to have our luncheon. We had rolls and made sandwiches out of them with salads, and desserts. It was very good and I am so grateful for such a wonderful family to support and love us.

Kimberly was able to take a ton of pictures. I will post them when I get them from her. I was very excited to get a four generation picture of my Simons' Boys. Marilyn was telling me that they only have four Simons' Grandsons out of five sons. And I provide half of them ;o).

1 comment:

teresa said...

Oh you guys look so good. Congrats on the blessing!