Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Friday, March 6, 2009

Dress up

Yesterday was teacher appreciation day at Landon's school. To help celebrate they had the kids dress up like their teachers. The kids that participated would get a treat and the student who looked most like their teacher would get a prize. Landon wanted to participate. We had a discussion on what his teacher wears. She doesn't do dresses or hats. But Landon told me she has a black long sleeve shirt that she wears that says "Make a difference" on the back. So I had Landon wear my black long sleeve shirt over one of his shirts. We made a sign that said "Make a difference" and pinned it on the back. He was a little concerned that kids might tease him, so I told him he could just take my shirt off and put it in his backpack. I figured he would have fun dressing up and participating, and at least he would get a treat.

When I picked him up he told me he had fun, and that it was fun to dress up like his teacher. I asked him if he got a treat and he said yes. Everyone in his class got a tootsie roll, but he got something different. He would show me when we got home. When we got home he pulled out one of those really huge chocolate Symphony bars. And told me he got it because he looked the most like his teacher. I was a little surprised that he won but I guess wearing your mom's shirt with a sign pinned on the back goes a long way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rochelle said...

That's a really cute story. It is fun how a kindergarten boy will dress up as his female teacher.