Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Goings Ons

This year has started out really great so far. Here are some of the things that we have been up to.

Marcus is getting ready to take the infamous PE exam. He is all registered and has ordered and received his study book and materials. This is what we have been waiting for since he graduated college. He will have to take an 8 hour test on April 8th. After that he will be able to get his license and then will be able to have his own stamp to put on plans that he designs. We are very excited. He has been studying every other night for a couple of hours to get ready. I am really praying that he will pass his test. Marcus also got a pay raise mostly for the cost of living, and his boss told him after he passes the PE they will reevaluate things and see if he gets another one. Hears to hoping. Marcus also sold our first truck last week. He was a little sad to see her go, but it made the most sense to sell the truck instead of the car. We got more money out of it and she had more miles and needed more maintenance then the car. Plus the car gets better gas miles then the truck. We are happy to put the money towards the boat, and are hoping that by spring with help from taxes we can have her all paid for too. Yes trucks and boats are girls, just ask Marcus.

I have been working on keeping up with the kids. I decided around November that I was going to wait until Aria was 5 months to really buckle down and try and lose my baby weight. My body really hates to lose weight while I am nursing. But it doesn't seem to have too much of a problem after I stop. I didn't think I could coop with trying to diet and exercise until the holidays, and birthdays were all over with. I planned on giving it three weeks of being really good, and if the weight didn't come off I would try again in a couple of months. I am happy to say I have started lost 8 lbs. And have found much more energy than I had. I am still not exercising yet because I have been to the chiropractor with problems in my back, ribs, shoulders, and neck and he really doesn't want me to start yet. But I am not supposed to be lifting my kids much but what can you do? I was also release from my calling in December since the president moved and am very relieved to not have to worry about that either. I can't believe it is taking me five months to adjust but I feel like I am getting closer to where I want to be with taking care of the family and having energy to do what I need.

Landon has enjoyed being eight. Over the winter break I let him read the second Harry Potter book. We are taking them nice and slow since I need him to grow up a little more before I am ready for him to read book four and up. He is fine with it and enjoyed reading it. He has also enjoyed starting cub scouts. This week he got his first merit badge in art, and was very delighted with it. School is going fine. I think the teacher would like him to listen a little better, so I am hoping he works on that. He as also been a little behind in his math times test (so has the rest of the class). We are working on playing games and flash cards so he can get those math facts memorized. Interestingly enough is he score 100% on his math tests. So he understand the concepts just fine, he just has to memorize them so he is faster.

Kylie has been doing well. She loves school and makes friends wherever we go. She has started to show some sass and attitude about helping out or cleaning. But for the most part she loves to play outside with friends and doesn't mind doing her homework. We have been able to get the girls to share a room and she loves it, unless Aria is napping and she isn't allowed in. Kylie has also decided to grow out her hair. I think after watching Tangled over Christmas break and seeing her cousin Madalyn with hair to her waist she thinks it looks so fun. But everyday she whines about brushing her hair I threaten her that I will cut it off. So now she is pretty good about getting her hair done.

Tannen is still and busy as ever. He likes to climb on the table and eat everyone's food. He loves it when I cook and hold him, or stand on a stool to watch. He is constantly in my spatula, spoons and bowls trying to mix something up. He has been talking more too. Some of his words are mom, dad, eggs, nana (banana), Aryah (Aria), Lana (Landon), nigh nigh (night night), and sit. He does a lot of comunicating with humming and pointing and head shaking. He points to his diaper when he is poopy, to the fridge when he is hungery or thirsty, he waves hello and goodbye, puckers up for kisses, at bedtime and when someone leaves, folds his arms during prayers, does popcorn popping with his hands, or points to the family home evening chart when we start to sing it, he gives Aria her blanket, and gets his when he wants a snuggle, he also likes to pat the couch or a chair if he wants to you sit down. He understands everything we say and says yes or no to us with the ahh hua, or uh uh.

Aria is such a well behaved little lady now. I can't believe the difference two months has made. We aren't haven't endless crying anymore. She still doesn't like a binky but things are much better. Except she won't take a bottle well anymore. She loves to play with her toys and eat them. She has done some more rolling over, and really can push up onto her hands when she is on her stomach. She has been sitting all by herself for a few weeks now. We started her on solids this week (I posted pictures earlier). She giggles and loves it when the kids entertain her. She is really grabbing at everything. When I nurse her she likes to put her fingers in my mouth. She really loves Tannen and I can tell they will be good little friends. Landon and Kylie have started to want to hold her and play with her more because she is so interactive now.

No comments: