Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day


My brand new mixer. I love it!!



Landon's picture: Mom said "do you want to be true" Landon says "Yes"


"I have 1 boat"

0
Kylie's Mother Day picture.

It was a little bit ago but we had fun on Mother's day. I actually got my present early while we were in SLC the weekend before. We went to Costco after having lunch with Justin, Sara, and their kids, and Laurel and Tiffani to help celebrate that Tiffani graduated. Go Tiffani - I think you are amazing for sticking with it for so long. I decided that I really wanted a Kitchen aid stand mixer for Mother's day. I had really been wanting one for a while but never did since they are pricey, and I didn't have room for it in my old kitchen. I had a coupon from Costco that was going to expire soon so I got my present early. It is wonderful and I love it - and of course I picked out a red one.

The Friday before Landon brought home a paper flower that he made me and a packet of pictures and things about him. Like I am lucky because... "I have a boat" or I love my mom because.. "She ture (she's true)". I love it. As a side note Landon has been making a big deal that I am always honest and never trick him. He seems to really need someone that he can always believe and rely on. I am so glad he has picked me. Then on Sunday Kylie came home from church with a picture for me.

Marcus wasn't feeling great and I was a sub for the sunbeams. So he stayed home with Tannen and I took the two older kids to church with me. I had a great time teaching the sunbeams. They are such cute kids. Then we came home and Marcus made us tacos for lunch at my request. Then I had a roast slow cooking for dinner. It was wonderful.

Over the years I have learned to tell Marcus exactly what I want, and what I am thinking. And also to not have any expectations so then I will never be disappointed, and everything else will be a pleasant surprise. It has worked for us, and I loved my Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Candice Buck Durfee said...

I am sooo jealous of your Kitchen Aid stand mixer. That is on my list of things I want when we aren't poor students anymore. There are actually just two big things right now, a piano and a stand mixer. Lucky, lucky girl! I'm glad you had a great mothers day.