Simons 3/11

Simons 3/11
Family Picture

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Heather is Gone

Last Wednesday the 29th I got to go visit Heather for the last time before she moved to Pennsylvania that Saturday. The little punk. I finally move closer to her, and then she leave me again. Oh well, I suppose that is the way life takes you. I had a great day with her. She was packing, and I pretty much just sat around and watched her while I held Tannen. My two older kids just disappeared in her house. They love it over there, and love playing with her kids. It was so relaxing to have a break from kids, and fill up on my Heather time. I love talking on the phone but it is never quite the same as being with someone.

I love her family. Her kids are so wonderful. Plus it helps that they love me too. I had Ashton climbing all over me. I think that kid was filling up with hugs and snuggles with me. He calls me winnie - which I love because that was one of my nicknames as a kid. And her little Lily seemed to be at my feet too smiling at me. I didn't see much of Carter - him and Landon had the greatest day playing together. And I did see some of Emmy. She of course pampered and played with Kylie and painted her nails. And then she wanted to hold Tannen. She loves babies. I could take home all her kids with me and love it.

I did get lost on the way home. Some how I missed the Brigham City Exit. Thank goodness for cell phones and Marcus. I did make it home fine. Tannen and Kylie were asleep in the back seat (of course I stayed at her house as late as possible) but Landon was awake. I found out after we figured out how to get home that Landon was pretty scared when I was lost.

I miss you Heather!! Sometime in the next three years I want to fly out there and monopolize your time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

ooohhhhh!!!!! Please do! I would love for you to come out here =0) I miss you too. The phone really just isn't the same. Thanks for the "ode to my family" hehe. You rock!

Kristi said...

It's really, really, sad!! We miss them too, and wish that Pensylvania was as close as Utah. I am still in denial that they are there and are staying for that long. Please don't burst my bubble!! They are really just on a little holiday, right? We'll see them next month, right? AARRRGGGHH!! Why do kids have to grow up and move away, and who gave them permission to take our grandkids with them anyways??